Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodachrome, Leica and tears!
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:02:05 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------

From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
To: "'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'"
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: May 15, 2001 1:23:52 AM GMT
Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome, Leica and tears!

I just went through a few hundred slides from a shoot I did last week. A
third of the slides were Kodachrome. Another third were Provia. Another
third E100S. I haven't shot much Kodachrome lately, but darned if the KR
slides didn't look  better than the rest as they were spread across the
light table.

With all the advancements in film the last few years, why can't we have
Kodachrome 100 with the color, grain and overall look of Kodachrome 25
Professional in the '80s? Rhetorical, I know. But there certainly is
something special about Kodachrome in a Leica. Each is special. Together
they're a match made in....

I may as well just keep crying in my beer!

Dave
<<<

I had a similar experience a few days ago... my model was an energetic
Arabian horse who had been let loose in a riding arena for play time.  One
chrome in particular brought me to tears, a head/neck/withers shot as he ran
past, mane and forelock flying in the wind, lit by evening sun, nose to ears
with breathtaking color and detail, more than I ever thought possible.  I'd
have posted it but a PhotoSmart scan doesn't do it justice.  If I never make
another exposure I'll die happy remembering this one.  Kodachrome and a
Leica...

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com