Subject: [Leica] Re: Francis Bacon
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 23:33:55 -0400

On 5/22/01 9:29 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

> Sir Francis Bacon, jurist, sage, and poet, is often confused with the much
> earlier Scholiast, Roger Bacon, but I have never heard of a painter named
> Bacon.
>
> Marc

Perhaps the most important British painter of the post-War era. Also a
Francis, but never knighted (although he should have been). Best known for a
series of terrifying portraits of screaming popes, based on El Greco.

Oh, and he painted from photographs (to make this almost on-topic).

Douglas Cooper