Subject: Re: [Leica] Konicagate
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:22:52 -0700

Marc,

You think it's OK to makes false accusations and then claim you don't have time
to visit my site to see if what you write is true?   This strange admission of
yours  makes me wonder more than a little about your objectivity.

IF you go back and READ what my reply to Erwins' remarks, instead of imagining
things, you will find that I agreed what he claimed MIGHT be true.  I simply
wanted more data to prove the point.  You even agreed with that point a few
days ago.  It now turns out 14 of 15 reported Hexar RF LUG users don't report
the problems he claims.    Erwin still claims he's right about serious focusing
problems with M lenses on the Konica RF,  regardless of the data to the
contrary.  hmm. what's wrong with that picture ?

Erwin did not originally  identify his source at Konica in his initial post.
He might have been talking to the President of Konica, or the Head of Design
Department, or the Head of Repair department.  It turns out it was over the
counter info at the European Konica importer,  or the new trainee on his first
day on the job.   I wanted substantiation.  An official Konica Tech statement
on the subject would have settled it without questions ... so far there seems
to be no such animal made public.

If you want to believe whatever Erwin writes, I think that's just fine, but
complaining that others don't blindly believe whatever he writes because he
write it,  and then casting aspersions on their character with  imagined
derogatory motives, is more than weird to my eyes, and  reminds me too much of
a religion.    If you disagree with me, wonderful, you are certainly entitled
to believe whatever you like, but then, so am I.

Stephen

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Konicagate)