Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:03:49 -0700

IF this was Konica's intention to make the Hexar RF incompatible with the Leica
M lenses, why wouldn't Konica advertise it in order to promote Konica M lens
sales ?? -- sales which I'm told are pretty dismal.

Konica wouldn't be the 1st big company to make a major screw up, nor the last.

While a number of people on the LUG have questioned the Hexar M's compatibility
with M lenses, I don't recall any posting of problems of Konica M lenses with
Leica M bodies.   At this point, I don't know of an evidence which suggests the
Konica M back focus specs are not the same as Leica's.

Without further data on individual Hexar bodies and lenses, or an official
Konica tech release on the subject,  it seems to me that the issue remains in
doubt.

Stephen

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts)
Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Konica facts)