Subject: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 09:42:29 -0700

At 08:34 AM 5/9/01 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>Very interesting,  but a few questions.
>
>#1  how many Hexar's were examined, and what were the serial numbers ?
>Konica may have corrected the problem in later bodies.

How can Konica correct a camera to be perfectly compatible with Leica
lenses when Konica lenses (hopefully) are manufactured to the Konica spec?
Change the camera and all of the Konica lenses would backfocus.

I look at this as a way for Konica to force folks to purchase Konica
compatible lenses.

Konica "obviously" knew the "exact" Leica spec before ever designing the
camera. So this WAS NOT a mistake.

It WAS an ON PURPOSE!

Besides promoting the sale of Konica optics, the Konica repair department
cannot be deluged by folks wanting their Leica optics and/or Hexar adjusted
to work properly together. They were designed to be incompatible.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts)
Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts)