Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:35:44 -0500

Christer Almqvist  wrote describing his testing method:
>Very interesting results, beats MTF (or whatever they are called)
>curves. That test was the final nail in my 15mm Heliar's coffin.
>Confirmed what I had been suspecting

Hi Chris,

I have done the same but I scan the film instead of making large prints.
Its a great way to see your film highly magnified! Of course if you don't
have a scanner your way of making large prints will just as surely tell
the story.

I've used the 24 enough and seen the results often enough that I know it
well.
The sharpness at the plane of focus at f4-f8 is spectacular.

I think the 15 Heliar is similar in that it seems best at f5.6 and f8 but
I have not used it enough to really know it yet.

Henry