Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 SA .... and other
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:41:28 +0200

>Great lens, takes 48mm filters. I second the emotion that it shows
>particularly low
>distortion. I never used mine wider open than f4.5.
>
>But I felt  sure I needed to have metering with my 21 so I too got
>the 21/2.8 ASPH. A
>year later I'm not so sure anymore. When mounted on the camera the 21/3.4 is
>extremely compact, while the 21 ASPH seems huge by comparison,
>especially with its
>steroidal shade.
>
>Emanuel Lowi
>Montreal

Having had the pre ASPH before I got the ASPH,  the ASPH seems small
by comparison. Actually, without hood it protrudes just two
millimeters further than the 35mm ASPH with a hood on. Diameter
perhaps 4 mm larger (no hood vs. with hood). It is a lens for
everyday use! No kidding.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist