Subject: Re: [Leica] poetry contest
From: Marty Deveney <freakscene@weirdness.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:03:57 +1000

         An Ode to K25

There it goes with Kodak's trinkets and junk
Now stored frozen in trunks in little cardboard boxes
I whine and whinge but it's beyond us
Frantically find the last stocks, but let's be honest
They're making light of what they promised

Drive away, buy another brick of Fuji

The people call I tell them all
There's 25 rolls in Tennessee
But that Kodachrome don't live here, anymore
I had to pick myself up from the darkroom floor
Grow some wings and fly into the plate glass door
Kodachrome don't live here anymore

Monday evening comes and goes
Perfect light, but my camera's failing
Project some old slides to keep from shaking
Take what's left in the basement
What I found left, won't add up with what I'm taking

Drive away, buy another brick of Fuji

The people call I tell them all
I'm giving up, from misery
Cause Kodachrome don't live here anymore
You had to pick yourself up from the photo store floor
Use your wings to fly into the plate glass door
Kodachrome don't live here, anymore.