Subject: [Leica] New McCullin exhibition - London
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 10:29:14 +0100

Should you be interested, and In London at the right time, there is a new
Don McCullin exhibition at the Whitechapel Arts Centre from 25 May to 10
June. This is new work from McCullin documenting AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa
and is work that he did in the autumn under the auspices of Christian Aid.

Personally, I greatly admire McCullin's work and, having met him, the man
himself. I felt he lost his way after giving up war photography and needed
time to refocus (if you will forgive the pun.) From the three examples I
have seen from the latest exhibition he is certainly back on target and it
promises to be a good show. However it will probably not get the coverage
it deserves because this is not one of the 'in' London venues.

Gerry