Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] RGB... DOA or MIA?
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:54:04 EDT

All my RGB processed film was from the 70s.

Allen Zak

<<I look after a library of old films at work.  I find an amazing variability

in how well various 16mm prints hold up.  As far as I can tell it seems to

correlate to which lab did the prints.  Maybe some labs took shortcuts on

their processing.  I can't rule out the possibility that a particular

generation of print stock is the culprit.  The bad ones roughly come from

the '70s, with those from the '60s and '80s holding up just fine.  Of course

those subjects where we are lucky to have Kodachrome prints haven't faded at

all!

Mike Durling