Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Demise
From: "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:31:50 -0400

Austin:

You make a good point here.   Also, if you have your digital photos printed
at a digital mini-lab you really don't need to go above 300 dpi to get very
good quality prints... this will work for most consumers.

The real issue with digital right now is not quality... it's convenience.
It's a pain to load the photos into the computer, a pain to store them, a
pain to do color management on the computer monitor/printer, a pain to print
them out on an inkjet printer etc.

Compare the digital process to dropping off film at the drugstore and film
looks really good to most folks.

I do think digital will get easier, but I think that film offers more
advantages for the foreseeable future.