Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Demise
From: "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:07:58 -0400

Brian:

I think the problem with digital is not only can that the medium can degrade
over time, the devices used to decode it will change as they have for music.
That's going to cause problems for people who need to constantly convert
their photos as digital evolves.

Think about the music industry...

45 speed records
33 speed records
reel-to-reel tape
8 track tape
cassette tape
CD

Six different format changes for listening to music in about 30 years.
Think about what that means for digital photography.  Constant conversion if
you want to look at your old pictures.  It's the device change over that
scares me.

- -Mark