Subject: Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:04:25 +0200

> Well, I bought a Konica and have the following observations:
>
> 1) meter, especially on AE works beautifully.
> 2) Solid body and a pleasure to handle.
> 3) VERY easy to move the meter dial from AE to AEL, thus shooting everything
> on the last exposure reading.  There needs to be a lock between these two
> settings.
> 4) VERY hard to focus while wearing glasses and using longer lenses like the
> 135 tele.
> 5) You will shoot more pictures with it than without it.  It is a pleasure
> and highly recommended...for those who measure their tools by the results.
>
> I hope all are enjoying the new season and , with it, new light.

Just developed 2 rolls I put through it yesterday. Here are the results:

- - Heavy! Clumsy!!!
- - Dark RF/VF. Also unprecise - hard to focus even in quite bright light..
- - Very small image in VF
- - Loud! "THUMP!ZZ" is inexcusable in cafes or even on soft rock concerts.
  But yes, this IS the kind of camera to take on Rammstein concert..
- - Will not work without baterries (this is the SINGLE WORST thing of KRF)

Saying all this, I would be very happy with KRF.  :-)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace