Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter accuracy - was Medium format camera (was also pit-bull arena)
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:28:05 +0200

Meow!
Mi'y'a thinks (Methinks, for Shakespeare lurkers), that there is
so much absurd in longish deliberations about shutter inaccuracies,
that all this thread is worth whole lot than nothing.

Explanation:
Despite matrix meters and unbelievable CPU-s built into contemporary
cameras, we still have to use our own CPU, built between our ears and
compensate 1,2 even 4 or more stops in each direction, according to
our experience. This is actually as precise as using woodworker's axe
compared to 0.1% shutter inaccuracies...
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace