Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HexarRF User Group
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:21:19 +0200

> Mehrdad wrote,
> >> it is now called Konicarf
>
> then Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy said:
> >Barf?
> >

> The Hexar user group is now up and running and is currently  discussing
> practical photography and subscribers are exchanging useful information and
> experiences productively. This comes as no surprise as buyers of the Konica
> Hexar RF tend to be USERS who are keen to take good pictures rather than
> collectors who admire their hardware.
>
> Dan K.

Will they welcome Canonet and other non-interchangeable lens rangefinders?
I am curious about it? What about Fed-Zorki users also?

To be true, I was using KRF for three rolls and was heavily disappointed.
RF image was dark, camera vas noisier than I expected and non-manual
operation was out of the question for me. But your mileage may vary;
in your photography these things can be unimportant. For each
his own; as I know since I fell in love with (borrowed for awhile)
Leica Mini I, which was very quick and quiet for compact and had
as sharp as hell lens! (Elmar 3.5/35. Someone knows anything about it?)
and was extremely useful (8 rolls in a day! Twas my record! And, how
nice was walking through the city, lookin like typical tourist,
clicking and smiling at everyone!)

LUD is AFAIK a users group, despite some stupid discussions about law, etc.
Please note that number of images posted (hint!) each week is noticeably
bigger than number of these on any other (especially LF or pinhole
users :-))

Best wishes
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace