Subject: Re: [Leica] R series
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:28:45 +0800

Happened to me several times as well.  I had to remove the motordrive and
reattach the grip, manual wound the film to the next frame.  The first time I
didn't have the grip with me and this $1400 wonder was dead as a door stop.  I
took it to the shop but the repair guy couldn't repeat the problem then the
problem mysteriously went away.  My R8 starts with 247xxxx.  At times the motor
rewind wouldn't work.  I suspect the problem is with the motor.

Ray