Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Labels
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:07:38 -0400

Richard -

I use archival labels from Light Impressions.  The 3"x1" size will hold a
good bit of information.  They have a permanent acrylic adhesive and will
not turn yellow or fall off.  The laser labels work fine in my inkjet
printers.  The free Avery labeling program works fine but I also like the
NSCS Pro stock filing program for formatting the labels.

Good luck with your project.  It sounds interesting.

Tina

At 11:20 PM 4/11/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>I'm hoping to get some advice on how to label photos for a project I am
>doing.  I am documenting the Chicago River in all its glory.  I'm hoping to
>shoot it from one end to the other over a number of years.  This is a river
>that over its course passes through rural areas, industry, as well as the
>heart of  the city of Chicago.  I want to attach information to each photo
>with a small amount of information-basically where it was taken and when.  Do
>I do this on the front, in the margin, on a mat, on the back?  My handwriting
>is pretty lousy, can I do a computer label-if so, how do I make it archival?
>Any suggestions are welcome, I'm a bit stumped.  Thanks in advance for your
>help.
>Richard Wasserman

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com