Subject: [Leica] Re: Film for Italy
From: william lawlor <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:45:46 -0700

Peter, my "old knowledge" preference is Fuji Reala 100. Simply the
best color neg film. See Ctein's reviews in the last two issues of
Photo Techniques. I have shot a LOT of Reala 100 in 120, 220, and
35mm all over the world. I made many 16X20's from 35mm that at a
normal viewing distance compete very well with the medium format
prints. Also, when Reala was not available, I have shot a lot of
plain old Kodak Gold 100. That stuff can go to 16X20 too. If you go
to Italy is the sunny season, 100 speed is all you need. If it's not
sunny, why go to Italy?

Bill Lawlor