Subject: [Leica] fine leica pinhole shot!
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:36:49 -0400 (EDT)

>I use a III with a 17mm focal length pinhole. The shot at the URL below
>was handheld using Delta 3200. RF cameras, or those with auxilary
>viewfinders are very handy for pinhole. Very hard to see through a f/180
>hole on a Nikon body cap. An inexpensive way to get into pinhole is to
>convert an old Zeiss folder--big negative, shutter speeds, viewfinder,
>and you can always turn it back to a lensed camera.
>
>Howard Wells
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~sandwell/pic_4.html

that is one hell of a photograph, everybody should check it out. it looks
like a diana shot. i don't know if i should be congratulating howard on
making a $500 camera look like a $5 camera or simply for making an
excellent picture. but in any event, its good. though i should add that
you can stick an aux finder on your nikon if you feel like it. AND looking
through the lens at your f/180 image you can also make a wire finder
that's accurate to the focal length of the camera....

kyle

(off to find his pinhole)