Subject: [Leica] Re: 17mm Pinholes & Leica
From: Howard Wells <sandwell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 12:58:15 -0400

Someone enquired about the Leica pinhole photo I posted. The 17mm
pinhole lens was manufactured by a fellow by the name of Dominique
Stroobant, a photographer and sculptor who lives in Italy. (Additional
info on him in Eric Renner's Pinhole Photography book.)

I have also used foamcore board to create short focal length pinhole
"lenses" for LTM cameras. 35mm Pinhole "works" better for me with
wide-angle focal lengths both aesthetically and because of the ease in
using the larger apertures. And the Barnack cameras with their short
lens flange to film plane distance and their "feel" seem especially
suited to pinhole.

The other photos on the site were created with reloaded and "altered"
single-use Konica Panoramics. The statement on the site
http://home.earthlink.net/~sandwell

explains some of it. Any additional questions please email me off list.

Howard Wells