Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding Photography
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:30:37 -0500

At 11:48 AM 3/29/01 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>"Michael E. Bérubé" wrote:
> >
> > Fortunately this method [ charging astronomical rates] usually DOES
> work as a deterrent to the
> > photographer shooting a lot of weddings over a long period of time.

Actually the method I was talking about was the "hand the film over after
the shoot" thing not the more common "charge astronomical rates" thing. I
went from $100/hr last year to $150/hr this year (after we discussed the
reciprocal pricing:bookings relationship here on the LUG) and my bookings
have in fact increased and at an average of $950 total per wedding, I'm
still priced far below to "professional" competition in my area.
(Especially for weddings 6 hours or so from me "Down East" around Acadia.)

>Oh, sure, Michael. Get a load of this, from the website of Terry LeRoy
>Gruber, in NYC:
>"Terry's day-rate begins at $20,000 for the first 12 hours. This
>includes Terry, a 2nd Gruber Photographer, two assistants, 80 rolls of
>film, processing, proofs and the negatives. [AND ALL PRINTS AND ALBUMS
>ARE ADDITIONAL !!!!!!!! - bdc] After 12 hours his crew¹s hourly rate is
>$1,500."

Gods! PTBarnum Photography R US.

Michael

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Wedding Photography)