Subject: [Leica] A Simple Rotary Processor Question
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:40:48 -0400

LUG'ers

My "Darkspace" project is coming along swimmingly. I'm now the proud owner
of Valoy, which I traded for a clunker of a 85/2 Jupiter-9 plus a 100
dollars at a local pawn shop. A little elbow grease, some WD-40 and 10
dollars worth of electrical parts was all that was needed to make the thing
operational. No Focotar 50/4.5, but the baseboard is ok, and the neg carrier
was included.

My ultimate goal is to be able to process FB 11x14 prints in the smallest
possible space. I originally wanted to be able to go as large as 16x20, but
11x14 will be just fine.

Now - a Simple Rotary Processor Question:

Is it possible to process FB B+W paper in a JOBO or similar ? I searched the
archives, but I didn't come up with any definitive answer. Intuitively,
there shouldn't be any reason why you can't, other than the fact that FB
paper is much more delicate than RC paper, so, perhaps it doesn't sit
properly in the drum.

Any thoughts ?

I'm not above tinkering around to find what works, but if I'm chasing a red
herring, I'd like to know before I go buy a used drum, motor, ect.

Thanks

William

- --
William Gower