Subject: Re: [Leica] SF-20 Flash and Filter Questions
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:47:54 -0600

>2)  Are the latest Leica filters any better than older Leica filters
>(multi-coatings, glass quality, et cetera)?  Has anyone tested Leica filters
>against other lines for quality?
I'd buy B+W or Heliopan multicoated. They are pretty expensive but
probably worth it if you are a serious user. They are just now becoming
readily available from stock at big outfits like B&H. I use red 25,
yellow/green, KR3, KR12, 2 stop ND

>3)  Another Leica expert told me to go with a print scanner rather than
>setting up my old Beseler enlarger.  I honestly don't know anything about
>the quality of scanners or digital for that matter.  Would a scanner provide
>the same image quality as an enlarger with a high quality lens?
>Thanks again for all of your information.
>J. P. Mose
If you are going to go digital you want a FILM scanner and a printer.
They can provide very high quality prints. Pretty big learning curve and
worth it. If possible set up your enlarger as well and have the best of
both worlds.

Henry