Subject: [Leica] donations for romanian street kids....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:00:59 -0500 (EST)

Jem Kime asked:

>Would you rather we sent donations to you or Sue?

yannis and i will be organizing a print sale in the next few weeks, but in
the meantime, any of you who are feeling particularly generous, please
feel free to send a check directly to ron and sue at Inasmuch:

 Ron Bates
 C.P. 53--55
 Bucharest 4, Romania

any amount would be eagerly accepted -- favorable exchange rates make even
ten or twenty american dollars enough to provide significant help.

you can mark it specifically for the kids at the 4 star canal, if you'd
like. they need some special attention right now as cola (the "father" of
the group) was jumped by some police yesterday and had his jaw broken --
they can use money for medical bills. sue paid a doctor to wire his jaw.

also, you can send packages of clothes, pampers, etc. i think the girls
would like to have some jewelry (not a gold plated m3, the other kind of
jewelry) or whatever else ordinary 10 - 19 year old girls want. they're
just normal kids living in abnormal circumstances. you can write to them
in english if you'd like to let them know you're out there and you care.

thanks a bunch everyone. you'll hear more from me in the days and weeks to
come.

best of light,

kyle