Subject: Re: [Leica] image storage filing system ....pc
From: Stanislaw Stawowy <watteau@email.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:38:25 -0500 (EST)

> I address this question here since I know many of you have
years and Leicly,
> thousands of images behind you.....all well organized.
>
> I have been saving my images (and data ) on CD-R 's that
are beginning to
> pile up. What PC / windows program is optimal  to organize
photos from
> multiple CD's, on the PC  with a compact database of
thumbnails?......
> I suspect this sort of  program must already  exist... if
not (sheeeesh) we
> need to get busy......thanks,

:-) My advice is as usual :)
Irfan View ( http://www.irfanview.com ) - say if link is
wrong; I don't have my bookmx handy.
Install it, then go File->thumbnails , there you can make
e.g. a HTML page with thumbs, linked to original images
(e.g. on CD). Or you can make HTML index file for every CD
you burn and save it there...
As for database; you can use e.g. CPL PLS system (
http://www.pls.com -> downloads -> Personal Librarian ),
make your own database application and sell to LUGers...

Both Irfan and PL are free (OK, Irfan is cardware... :))

all the best for you :)
St.