Subject: Re: [Leica] Military Photographers (was: New M6)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:01:33 -0800

The army photogs in one show were using, I believe, Nikon digital cameras
with the bigger zoom lenses.  The had a Seal-phone type of set up with a
folding umbrella satellite dish to send the images back.  I would assume an
army photog in uniform would get shot at the same whether he was carrying an
M16 or a Nikon.  It was another TV show, which featured lay
photojournalists, not army photogs, that commented that journalists in past
wars were given some degree of recognition as being non-combatants, but that
those days were gone, and now whether they are targets or not depends on how
the combatant likes the press they have been getting.  Tina is a good
example -- she stated that in Iraq she was given a degree of freedom to
photograph the war's effect on children, since that was consistent with the
government's interests.

Tom S.

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Military Photographers (was: New M6))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Military Photographers (was: New M6))