Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New chrome etc.
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:48:56 -0800

At 9:29 AM -0600 3/21/01, henry wrote:
>  >What surprised me is that it looked
>>like brass beneath the lens hood, whereas I assumed it would be aluminum or
>>the like.  Could have been a trick of the light; but if it wasn't, these may
>>be the perfect lenses to match a brassed black paint body.
>>
>>cheers,
>>
>>Douglas Cooper
>To plate the chrome over aluminum there has to be an intermediate layer
>of metal - thats probably what you're seeing. If it wore down more you
>would get to the aluminum.
>
>Henry

Don't necessarily think so. My Nokton lenshood is brass. It's too
heavy for aluminum and besides, enough black paint has now worn off
plus I've severely dinged it. It's brass, and also the aperture ring,
focussing ring and rest of the mount have enough wear to show the
brass.

I would assume the 35 is constructed similarly.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com