Subject: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography
From: "Douglas Landrum" <dflandrum@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:35:38 -0800

JP:
In my opinion, the enlarging lens is just part of the enlarging system
including the enlarger used and the illumination source.  I have a
Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm f 2.8.  It does a good job.   I also have a rare
Bogen 40mm that will give me a larger image on my main enlarger, a Durst
M601 with a colorhead.  I like using the colorhead with B&W variable
contrast paper.  I generally use Ilford VC papers from RC to fiber based, MG
IV to Warmtone.  Using the M601, I can enlarge 35mm with the above mentioned
lenses, or enlarge 6X6 taken with my old Rollei TLR, Tessar f3.5 MX.  I use
an EL-Nikkor 80mm f5.6 for 6X6.  There are many other good
lens/enlarger/light-source combinations.  The Leica enlargers and lenses are
also fabulous.  Good luck.
Doug