Subject: Re: [Leica] Double Exposures with IIIf ??
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:43:51 +0100

> I have a question concerning the functionality of double Exposures with the
> IIIf.
>
> I have recently bought my first IIIf and it needed some repair on the film
> advance knob, it was turning backwards.

Unscrewing? If yes, all you had to do was to tighten screw on it.
If not - spring engaging locking element in body went from her
place - also simple thing to repair, without eved taking off
the cover. How much do you paid? (just curious)

> They fixed that ok, but when I try to just cock the shutter now, the film
> advances ever so slightly just before the shutter locks.

I don't understand you completely - do you mean that, after wind,
knob turns a bit back? If yes, that this is normal, at least with
my IIIc.

> Is this normal behavior for the IIIf ??  (My IIIg does not do this)
>
> I'm asking because I do not want to be turned away by the repair place with

Make some test photos. See if film is correctly exposed. Check for
overlapping frames. This is only way to be 100% sure.

- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace