Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaniing a 100 APO
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:28:33 +0100

> I have a well used and loved Leica 100 APO which has fungus growth on the
> lens elements due to it surviving many years in the tropics where I live (
> in Singapore ). Can anyone help me with where, other than Leica Solms, I can
> get it cleaned, or re-coaated?

There is a lot of info about it at Robert Monaghan's site:
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/broncleaning.html

I would recommend putting a considerable amount of (heated before
to activate it) silica gel in tight plastic container along with
the lens. Some people mantioned that they achieved success when
exposed lenses to direct sunlight (as UV will kill fungus).
I tried silica method with (only a little hazed by fungus)
Jupiter 9 and voila! it dissappeared in one week of sleeping
in one apartment with silica. So check it if you want to..

let's your lens self-clean!
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)