Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Warmtone paper
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:36:43 -0800

Dave Fisher wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been offered to buy some Ilford WARMTONE paper at a good savings.
> Having never used the paper before, can someone tell me a little about it's
> characteristics?
>
> Regards, Dave

A beautiful black and capable of high contrast.
It's a couple of stops slower than the regular i I'd make sure your enlarger was
calibrated well enough to stop down a stop or two less than you are used to.
Almost nice enough to not tone IMO. When you tone you have to make sure it don't
split tone. Like if the phone rings.
I selenium tone in line.
It's worth the extra money and trouble as i see if espeseivly if your subject
matter is human.
Make humans more human than what Bromide does.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/