Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Warmtone paper
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:56:24 -0500

> From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Warmtone paper

> A beautiful black and capable of high contrast.
> It's a couple of stops slower than the regular i I'd make sure your
enlarger was
> calibrated well enough to stop down a stop or two less than you are used
to.
> Almost nice enough to not tone IMO. When you tone you have to make sure it
don't
> split tone. Like if the phone rings.
> I selenium tone in line.
> It's worth the extra money and trouble as i see if espeseivly if your
subject
> matter is human.
> Make humans more human than what Bromide does.

Whoa, there's one from the vaults. Didn't you answer me weeks ago? In any
event, yes, I purchased the WarmTone paper as recommended by several LUGgers
and have to say that I'm extremely pleased with the results. The paper I got
was the RC and I didn't tone it -- in fact, didn't really feel I had to.
It's not brown as some suggested, but it *is* warm with beautiful tonality.
Someone else told me to keep fix and washing times short or the corners
would come up off the paper -- this is true. I think next time I want to do
some fine prints I will get the WarmTone FB and selenium tone. Regards,
Dave.