Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:44:44 +0100

Well, I was actually referring to subject movement, but if you also move, then
it goes without saying that focus will be affected. What I had in mind was a
bar situation where camera movement is not a big problem because I usually can
brace myself on the table or the bar, so subject movement is the bigger issue
for me.

Nathan

Dan Cardish wrote:

> Perhaps this is what you were referring to, but I find that the slightest
> movement of MY head will render the subject out of focus.  I have this
> habit of swaying slightly back and forth when I am focusing (I only notice
> this when trying to get a head shot with my 75 at 1.4).  I now try and use
> this to get the final focus.   I think that this might be a problem if I
> had to focus and compose  with separate rangefinder and viewfinder windows.
>
> SLR's are no better for this, in my experience.  I have a heck of a time
> getting properly focused shots with my Nikon F2 and 85/1.4 wide open, for
> the above reasons.
>
> dan c.

- --
Nathan Wajsman