Subject: [Leica] Here's a funny one...
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:59:34 -0800 (PST)

[sorry for crossposting to the SP list, but since you guys knew about
my new M6...]

This is so sad that I'm laughing out loud.

Background: I posted a few weeks ago to the Leica list asking about
the price of an M3. I finally decided to go with a black classic M6
that I found at the right price. My first High End German Rangefinder.

Now the story:
I have never dropped a camera. More accurately, I *had* never dropped
a camera. Until I got my M6, that is. I had only shot about 22 frames
with it. It fell from my jacket pocket when I decided to jump, for
reasons that I won't relate here to avoid embarassment.

The poor thing landed on the rewind knob, which is now badly bent, and
won't turn freely. Miraculously, all the speeds sound fine, and the
rangefinder looks accurate, and even its vertical alignment is
allright.

The 35mm Summaron that was on it looks fine too.

Now, does anyone know of a place in the San Francisco Bay Area that
stocks these rewind knobs and can do a quick repair? I already went to
K&S here in Palo Alto, and called a couple of places in Mountain View,
but the best I got was one week to order the part. I'm tempted to have
a repairman see the camera anyway, to make sure everything's fine, but
I was hoping to use it during the weekend...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Feeling really stupid,

 Juan J. Buhler | FX Animator @ PDI | http://www.crosswinds.net/~jbuhler

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] Here's a funny one...)