Subject: Re: [Leica] Here's a funny one...
From: Mark Rabiner <>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:43:31 -0800

"Juan J. Buhler" wrote:
> [sorry for crossposting to the SP list, but since you guys knew about
> my new M6...]
> This is so sad that I'm laughing out loud.
> Background: I posted a few weeks ago to the Leica list asking about
> the price of an M3. I finally decided to go with a black classic M6
> that I found at the right price. My first High End German Rangefinder.
> Now the story:
> I have never dropped a camera. More accurately, I *had* never dropped
> a camera. Until I got my M6, that is. I had only shot about 22 frames
> with it. It fell from my jacket pocket when I decided to jump, for
> reasons that I won't relate here to avoid embarassment.
> The poor thing landed on the rewind knob, which is now badly bent, and
> won't turn freely. Miraculously, all the speeds sound fine, and the
> rangefinder looks accurate, and even its vertical alignment is
> allright.

A good place to land! That's where mine landed having fallen off my bannister 3
feet to the linoleum floor.
I just unbent it the camera was perfect.
But do you ever break out in a cold sweat and you want to check the mirror to
make sure it's not pink?
I thought i was sweating blood!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon