Subject: Re: [Leica] Off to Lugano
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:15:54 +0100

Hi Mikiro,

Lugano is beautiful, in fact the whole of Ticino is. The food should be of no
concern, it is very Italian (i.e. lots of excellent pizza and pasta) and less
expensive than elsewhere in Switzerland. Last night a colleague and I went to a
local restaurant in a suburb of Lugano, and managed to spend only 58 CHF on two
excellent pizzas with appetizers and several beers. The only caution is to stay
away from the local red wine. It is usually Merlot, without character, totally
lacking in the attributes that make wine interesting. The whites are much
better.

Of course, Italy is right next door, and after the conference ended this
afternoon I drove down to Como for a couple of hours walking around and some
shopping. I love all things Italian.

Nathan

Mikiro Mori wrote:

> Nathan,
> I will be looking forward to reading your Lugano report, since I and my
> family are just planning to spend our summer holidays around there. Food is
> one of our concerns. I hope it is as good as in north Italy. Well, we are
> always at a loss what to eat in German-speaking Switzerland... ;-)
>
> Bon voyage!
>
> Mikiro

- --
Nathan Wajsman