Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - let me get this straight...
From: Mark Rabiner <>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:09:01 -0800

> I can appreciate the fact that the Bessa-R will be attractive to collectors
> or people who like to tinker with new cameras or who are nostalgic for the
> "good old days", but  I think that when all is said and done,  cameras with
> builtin viewfinders just make more sense than those without, and are better
> suited for picture taking.   And I don't buy the argument that the Bessa-R
> will allow people to use Leica lenses but can't afford an M body.
> dan c.
If they are priced for collectors than fine we'll let them collect them and I'll
stick to more traditionally equipped cameras.
I think in practice such "striped down" cameras may be amazingly
Quite freeing. And making for better shots.
But i wouldn't want to stake my carrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer on it!
Sense? ... for people who FEAR CHANGE!
Bessa-R sure seems more like a user than a collector to me.
Who collects plastic? not me!
a true knock around camera it looks like to me!
A Dianna with Leica glass??!!? I look for anything which might change my
perspective and open me up for better shooting.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon

Message from (Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - at last! (Long))
Message from Dan Cardish <> (Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - let me get this straight...)
Message from Dan Cardish <> (Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - let me get this straight...)