Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - let me get this straight...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:47:48 -0800

><Snip>
> Perhaps in 2002 there will be the viewfinder version.  The problem is that
> it will likely be priced that much higher that the price differential
> between it and the M6 will not be great enough to make it worthwhile.
>
> dan c.

Not trying to be argumentative but my opinion really is the opposite!
I got a Viso a few months back for one reason and I've had my eye on an
MD-2 or MD
or an M1
which has a viewfinder but no rangefinder.
Simplified cameras. Blind or near blind.
The Option of a rangefinder and/or
viewfinder.
I find VERY appealing. Especially of course for the use of wides and extra-ultra wides.
My Rollei 35 and Voigtländer Vito BL both don't have Rangefinders but I've
gotten great shots with both.
And both had not wides but normal lenses. Partially because there is less camera.
The viewfinder of my Voigtländer is practically useless. I hardly look though it.
I wonder why we need them.
When i shot with a Hasselblad superwide for three weeks i did much off the hip
zoned focus shooting.
A cheaper simpler body i have to worry less about to put my Leica glass on?
Sounds pretty good to me!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA