Subject: [Leica] RE: Books
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:46:54 -0800

At 09:16 AM 3/15/01 -0600, Garry Lewis wrote:
>Well, my three favorite Technique books are;
>
>Brilliance-Gradation-Sharpness by Harry Champlin.
>What You Want to Know About Developers- Fine Grain and Otherwise by
>Edmund W. Lowe.
>The Manual of Modern Photography by Hans Windisch.
>
>Yes they're a bit dated, but the basic "advice" is still often repeated
>by more "modern"
>authors.
>
>		yours also an "oldie but goodie",
>
>				Garry D. Lewis

I have three copies of "The Manual of Modern Photography by Hans Windisch."
Gave one to Mark Rabiner. I have one stored in a safe deposit box. It was
my photo processing bible for many years. 1955 - 1970. Taught me everything
about fine grain vs compensation vs edge definition and a mix of the above.
Still my favorite process book. Windisch was a Leica user too.

An Ohaus balance, some chemicals, a Windisch manual, and seventh heaven is
only a stirring rod away.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Books)