Subject: RE: [Leica] [LEICA] Why use center-weighted metering with R8?
From: "Jay Coleman" <jaycoleman@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:31:49 -0800

Ray:

I will defer to Ted Grant who has addressed this issue in the past, but the
centerweighted meter seems to give slightly less exposure than the matrixd.
As such, the centerweighted reading is often the better exposure for slide
film (which tend sto like slight underexposure).  I suggest you run some
tests for yourself and see which you like better.  For myself, I use the
centerweighted for most scenes when using slide film when I don't have time
to spot meter and the matrix for negative film or in complex lighting again
when I don't have time to spot meter.

Jay Coleman