Subject: Re: [Leica] Thumbnail size
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:22:54 +0100

> clicks on the thumbnail. My question is this: Is there a standard
> file/actual size for thumbnails and corresponding enlargements? Or tried and
> true file sizes? Obviously, I would like the downloading time to be as short
> as possible. But I do not want the image quality to suffer.  I mean, hey,
> that Leica glass has to have a chance to show its stuff, right?

Let's try 200x300 pixels for thumb, or text links. Target images shouldn't
be more than 800 - 1000 px in any direction. Don't expect quality of
your lenses to shine there; you will need at least 2000x4000 to show
photo with a hint of details you have on a 8x10 print.
Miserable quality of Internet as a display medium have helped
so called "digital technology" to start. There you have a
1024x768 px image called "very high quality"....

look at my page for sample sizes. don't expect miracles...
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Thumbnail size)