Subject: [Leica] Valoy's - WAS: 35/MF enlargers
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:43:27 -0400

 Richard  Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org> wrote:

> Dont knock the Valloy. If it can be cleaned up and simply rewired and if
> the condenser is in good shape it is one fine enlarger.

Richard - no "knocking" implied. The better dealer here in Toronto has a
whole wall of Valoy's, Valoy II's and a half dozen Focomats (from I to V35).

The ability to do 16x20 on the baseboard is a must. The darkroom I'm
building isn't a "room" at all - more of a portable dark "space" that can be
rolled around in the laundry room of my apartment building and stored in my
storage locker when I'm not printing.

I got the idea from the "ZIG" see: http://www.darkrooms.net

Cool eh ?

But expensive - ouch !

So far, I've substituted the stainless steel sink for welded Schedule 80
(1/4") PVC. That knocked the cost down considerably.

Kind regards

William

- --
William Gower