Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #239
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:17:06 -0400

Chong Eric wrote:

>Any experienced LUGgers care to give me some tips on making my choice of
>flash?

Eric

Advice from fellow LUG'ers to me: Re: Flash ! a few months ago. Go for a
Metz 20BC or a 28C-2. I really liked the compact 20BC, but I'm glad I went
for the (slightly) bigger 28. Plus, it's got a bounce option, which I use
almost exclusively.

(BTW - the 28C I purchased from a LUG'er on a FS Friday)

It mounts on my M2 no problem with a sync adapter and PC cord, and although
it's heavy, it's not too heavy as to throw everything off balance.

I also have a 23BC Braun flash (that I bought for 5 dollars at a swap-meet),
which works very well for outdoor fill flash. It's very similar in shape and
form to the Leica SF20. And for 5 bucks you can't beat it.

Regards

William

- --
William Gower