Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35/MF Enlarger recomendation
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:47:54 -0500

William:

I had a B22 for years.  It isn't industrial strength but it does the job
well.  Make sure that in addition to the two negative carriers, that it
has the supplemental condenser lens for 35mm.

My ex-wife ended up with it and outfitted it with a pair of Schneider
lenses and has gotten some great results.

Jim

William Gower wrote:

> Dick Chandler wrote:
>
> >> Do NOT buy a Omega B22.  Flimsy to say the least.
>
> Really ? How flimsy ?
>
> I've got my eye on 3 enlargers right now for an upcoming purchase and a
> B22XL is one of them - only because the dealer told me I can go to 16 x 20.
> Plus it has 2 carriers and both 50mm and 75mm lenses.
>
> The other is a Bessler 23 and, the third is...get this...a real junker Leitz
> VAMAX (a Valoy I w/ a 48' upright) for really cheap. Trashed to hell, and no
> carriers, just the head, column and baseboard.
>
> As we speak I just missed out on a Bessler 45 for $200 !
>
> What's the maximum print size you can do with a Bessler 23 ? Anyone ? Anyone
> ?
>
> Thanks
>
> William
>
> --