Subject: Re: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:47:16 -0800

>I like them!
>[snip]
>John Collier

On the subject of finders, I just noticed yesterday that the finish on the
top of my 24 VF is beginning to crack, like paint on a bathroom wall, which
surprised me because it would imply that the finders are finished (and not
of solid black plastic), something I did not know. I'm not sure if this has
occurred "naturally," or as a result of rubbing against the Domke insert I
use in my bag, as such cracking is limited to the top of the finder (the
only part that comes into contact with anything in the bag); the sides are
uneffected.

When the paint flakes off, as I suppose it will, I'm going to cover the top
with black tape. I'll consult the archives or email Dr. Blacktape
personally to ensure that I use the correct brand. At that time, I'll be
sure to follow LUG protocol and write in dozens of bitchy messages
complaining that for $275 (or whatever they cost), they should be made of
solid gold and not of plastic and paint!

Guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders)
Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders)
Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders)