Subject: RE: [Leica] Zoom Saga...instead of fuss...DELETE IS YOUR FRIEND! USE IT!
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:34:21 -0800

>> >"WANT TO BUY MY M6?!!!"
>> >When i shell out money and find out they don't I'm pissed!!!!!!!
>
>But no one shelled out any money...
>
>> Had I bid, and possibly "won" the auction and that
>> proved to
>> *not* be the case, I would have been angry. And rightly so, I believe.
>
>I completely agree with you, but that is not what happened in this case.
>
>> I agree with Mark on this one - something is obviously wrong with
>> the above
>> scenario.
>
>But the above scenario is not the scenario that happened.  No one won the
>auction.  The auction was stopped, and no money was shelled out.

That is true, Austin, but I believe Mark's comment was on the overblown
nature of the thread as it had developped, complete with extensive legal
consultations (both with dictionaries and attorneys). If I understood Mark
correctly, his point was that an item was offered for sale by someone who
didn't have the item to sell it. That in itself does not seem right,
whatever the actual legal ramifications of such an act may or may not be,
as interpreted by whoever, in the context of the laws of this or that
state, how those may or may not be different on the internet, etc.

Guy