Subject: Re: [Leica]Ted's Portrait Class Room
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 13:18:04 -0500

>> inspired to go to the library for some books on lighting. Side lighting
> from
>> a North window was suggested more than once. This is the result. (Thanks
>> Ted. This is how one learns.) <<<<<<,
>

> Time for another lesson! ;-)
>
> Northlight is a nice quality light and is still employed in studios of some
> portrait photographers and painters.
>

> ted
>
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted,

Maybe we can get away for a minute from some of the daily let's beat up
Leica foo-fu-ra that is going on.

I have never done much portraiture and recently took this portrait of
Stephanie Antosca, Producer for the NBC series 'West Wing.'

I used the M2 with a Summilux 50/1.4 shot at 1.4 and I think 125. You can
see the shallow depth of field at 1.4. It is backlit from the window in her
office. The scan is from a 8x10 on a cheap scanner which does not do the
print justice.

Any critique welcome. go to http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im3.jpg

Thanks

Steve