Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cosina Germany
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:52:54 -0500

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Dan,
>
> They bought the Voigtländer name from the previous (German) owners. Apparently,
> in their judgement, the German heritage of the name is an important part of the
> brand,

In THEIR judgment?! All they'd have to do is read this list for a while
to know that to many of the  it is of paramount importance to some
consumers. And I wonder, if the lenses had been called
Japanlander, if they would have had as broad appeal to the members of
the LUG as they do...

B. D.
Who was only posing questions about Ratheyon sarcastically.....

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux Canada or Germany?)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> ([Leica] Re: Cosina Germany)