Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: XTOL (Yeah!)
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:34:15 -0800

I've done only 1+1 so far with XTOL. Only complaint
is batch-to-batch inconsistency, which has stopped
now that I mix with distilled water,
and shelf life, which I solve by shooting more film and
guzzling all the XTOL at one go.

If I go 1+3, then it's 300ml XTOL + 900ml water,
for a grand total of 3 rolls in a 5-roll tank. Here
I'm following Kodak's recommendations to use at
least 100ml of solution per roll.

Mark: Do you follow Kodak's recommendations on this?
Or just pack the tank full of reels, which means
about 63ml of solution per roll? (I'm assuming a tank
that takes about 250ml per roll, meaning 62.5ml of XTOL
with 187.5ml water for each roll.)

Apologies to female LUGgers, but it takes balls of brass
to do it the latter way. Maybe this works if you extend
development time?

- -A-L

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: XTOL (Yeah!))