Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: XTOL (Yeah!)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:22:27 -0800

Richard Edwards wrote:

> I've done only 1+1 so far with XTOL. Only complaint
> is batch-to-batch inconsistency, which has stopped
> now that I mix with distilled water,
> and shelf life, which I solve by shooting more film and
> guzzling all the XTOL at one go.
>
> If I go 1+3, then it's 300ml XTOL + 900ml water,
> for a grand total of 3 rolls in a 5-roll tank. Here
> I'm following Kodak's recommendations to use at
> least 100ml of solution per roll.
Ignore that! I have for years.
The main inventor or Xtol explained that that is no big deal.
If increasing time makes for a denser neg with no diachronic fog then you are
not developing with exhausted developer in your last part of developing. So you
are doing ok

I'll run 4 rolls in a liter of developer at 1:3
That's 62.5 per roll instead of 100.
NOPROBLEMO!
at least with Tri x, delta 100 and 400, Neopan 500 and 1600.
But Neopan 3200 i got fog so i go 1:1 on that. I only use that in 120 rollfilm.

> ><Snip>
mark R